By the end of this 1 day course, you will be able to open up a new Google Analytics profile, check for common setup problems and know how to fix them. You will be able to select the most appropriate data for your site and purpose, display it, export it, and make comparisons using it, and most importantly, understand what it means in real terms.
Who is it for?
Website administrators and managers, bloggers, eCommerce retailers of all sizes, digital advertising, SEO and social media managers, web developers and designers. Familiarity with basic HMTL is welcomed but not necessary.
What will I learn?
- How Google Analytics works, including accuracy limitations
- Simple ways to check that installed code is working correctly
- What the key Google Analytics variables and metrics mean (e.g. Bounce Rate, Source and Medium) and which are most important to your own site
- How to identify bottlenecks and design problems, and see what's working well and what needs to be tweaked.
- How to monitor and investigate performance by page or by visitor source
- How to build and export custom dashboards and detailed reports
- How to set up custom segments and what kind of questions they can answer
- How to set up goals and events
- How to set up eCommerce tracking and other advanced features (includes an introduction to cross-domain tracking)
What will it cover?
- An introduction to how Google Analytics works
- Basic setup
- Common measures and metrics - what they really mean
- Advanced and custom segments
- Finding your KPIs
- Setting up goals and events
- Exporting data
- Working with AdWords and custom campaigns
- Introduction to report building with Data Studio
- Cross domain tracking
- Using profiles
- Custom reports and dashboards
- New Google Analytics features
- Basic troubleshooting.
Benefits of attending
- Find the really important data within Google Analytics
- Understand how this relates to what's happening on your site
- Customise and extend your Google Analytics setup
- Learn how to use the interface to answer complex questions
- Evaluate site performance in meaningful ways
- Generate powerful reporting to track progress.
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.