Leading People through Change
Who is it for?
Primarily designed for those with roles such as Programme or Project Managers and Business Change Managers, it is also beneficial for senior decision-makers who are responsible for formulating and deploying strategy.
What will I learn?
How a programme and its constituent projects function
- How to deliver benefits in step changes in order to take advantage of them as early as possible
- How to define and measure benefits and who is accountable and responsible for their delivery
- Knowledge and methods to engage with stakeholders in order to plan and deliver the change into ‘business as usual’
What will it cover?
- Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow of a programme
- Roles and Responsibilities of a programme
- Identifying, mapping and describing benefits
- Benefits realisation planning
- Stakeholder engagement and communication
- Change management and models for change
- Leadership and change
- Resistance to change
Benefits of attending
- Recognising that change is not easy
- How to plan the step changes in capability
- How to describe benefits for inclusion in the business case
- Getting ‘real’ about benefits and the threats to their realisation
- Providing some useful hints and tips for stakeholder engagement and change readiness
- How to plan for the introduction of change
- Being able to recognise the different tools and techniques to overcome change resistance
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.