PRINCE2 at Cardiff Metropolitan University
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a widely used internationally recognised process-based method for effective project management. PRINCE2 is the de facto project management standard for public projects in the UK. As a best practice project management tool, PRINCE2 can be tailored to the needs of any organisation and for any type and size of project.
- It is easy to use
- Adaptable to business and project needs
- Delivers increased agility and efficiency whilst reducing costs
- It is a best practice, so you select a proven solution
- Maximize your project success 85% of PRINCE2® Practitioners describe it as valuable to their current role
- Position yourself in the job market – 85% of PRINCE2 certificate-holders said PRINCE2® helps with career progression
PRINCE2® benefits for the organisation:
- Manages resources, business risk and deliverables effectively
- Applicable to all types of projects
- Saves time and resources through a shared approach to reporting
- Improves productivity by increasing staff awareness of roles and responsibilities
- Project alignment with business goals
- Facilitates management and stakeholder involvement at relevant and appropriate times during the project
- Facilitates the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting, and audits
- Effectively scope your projects, so everyone knows what the project will deliver, to whom, by when and for how much
- Strike the balance between effective governance whilst enabling the project manager to manage the project
- Robust reporting for all stakeholders to ensure that everyone knows what they need to know
- Be able to identify and manage both the risks and opportunities to your project
- Demonstrates expertise and know-how
- Improves employability
- Ensures project success and delivery
- Improves communication and control
- Understand the role of you and your team, including triggers, inputs and expected outputs.
- Maximize your project success
- 85% of PRINCE2® Practitioners describe it as valuable to their current role Position yourself in the job market
- 85% of PRINCE2® certificate-holders said PRINCE2® helps with career progression
- PRINCE2® Foundation: for individuals wanting to demonstrate they have sufficient understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner: suitable for individuals wanting to demonstrate they have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the PRINCE2® method in a scenario situation.
Entry Requirements: No formal qualifications are required
Course aimed at: It is aimed at anybody in a Project Management role seeking to demonstrate competence through a recognised formal qualification, or Managers who want to develop a controlled approach to managing projects.
PRINCE2® certification is an invaluable asset to anyone's career as it increases employment prospects and helps individuals do their jobs more effectively, becoming an advantage to their employers.
For enquiries please email email@example.com
Employer invoices If your employer is going to pay your course fees, please enclose a letter from your employer on the company’s letterhead, confirming this and your employer will then be invoiced for the fees by Cardiff School of Management, Cardiff Metropolitan University. Or email to CSMfirstname.lastname@example.org
Payment must be made prior to commencement of the course.
Terms and conditions of enrolment
Payment Payment must be received in full prior to commencement of the course, unless otherwise agreed with Cardiff School of Management.
Cancellations and refunds Unless written cancellation is received at least 20 workings days before the start of the course, the full fees are non-refundable. Notification of all cancellations must be made either in writing to Cardiff School of Management, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Enterprise Centre, Western Avenue, Cardiff CF5 2YB, by telephone 029 2041 6414 or by email to email@example.com
If a course booking is made less than 15 working days in advance of the start date of the course, the above cancellation terms will still apply with fees payable and non-refundable.
The Customer may substitute a Delegate on a course upon notification of at least 20 days before the course start date at no additional charge. This is however subject to the new Delegate complying with course requirements (including pre-requisites and Pre-course reading) as notified by Cardiff School of Management or detailed in the course outline.
In the event of sickness backed by a General Practitioner signed note, one free rescheduling of the course will be allowed following which all terms and conditions associated with cancellation and rescheduling will apply.
Delegate numbers If there are insufficient numbers of delegates for the course to run prior to the start of the course, Cardiff School of Management reserve the right to cancel the course and a full refund or an alternative course date will be given, however, we are not liable for any consequential loss. In the event of the course already being full when you apply, we will return your payment to you.
Pre-Course Manuals and Materials already dispatched will be charged for.
Cancellations and refunds If you decide not to attend the course prior to its start but have already paid for it, written notification must be received at least 10 working days prior to the beginning of the course and we will then organise a refund. Please note that it might take up to 6 weeks to process.
If you decide to cancel your place on the course within 10 working days of the course start date we will not be able to issue a refund. If you leave the course once it has started, we are not able to issue a refund.
Funding We will accept ReAct, ProAct and Go Wales funding. Applications must be received and funding confirmed within 10 working days of the start date. Where funding is paid on completion of a course, we must also receive valid card payment details in order to secure a place. Payments will only be processed if funding isn’t received.
Upon completion of the booking form you are agreeing to the above-mentioned terms and conditions.