Who it’s for
Primarily designed for anyone needing to understand and have a practical experience of Project Management.
What you’ll learn
How to establish projects, develop business cases and how to get started in a controlled way
- What is involved in controlling execution – planning, change control, risk & issue management and working with teams
- Why stakeholder analysis and engagement is important as well as the principles of successful change
- World of Projects
- Governance of Projects
- Business Cases
- Controlled Start
- Plans & Planning
- Controlling Execution
- Controlling Quality
- Controlling Risks & Issues
- Controlling Change
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Principles of Change
- Closing a Project
As a participant, you will learn some fundamental but valuable skills for managing any type of project through a practical workshop which is based on a scenario with ‘hands-on’ exercises.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Have practiced and be confident in a very broad range of project management techniques
- Be able to understand stakeholders and engage with them more effectively throughout the life of the project.
- Have a deeper insight into the challenges of change management and embedding project driven change into organisations.
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.