Train the Trainer
Who is it for?
Any employee at any level (existing or potential team leader, supervisor, manager) who can add value to the organisation through imparting their skills, knowledge and expertise to their colleagues.
What you will I learn?
- How to identify learning needs (vs wants) to design, develop and deliver effective learning interventions
- Putting into practice a bite size piece of training, having developed it from the start – right through to delivery
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback to enhance individual and group learning – participants get the opportunity to have a ‘dry run’ with their own specific training material
What will it cover?
- The psychology of individual differences in learning and motivation
- Assessment of learning needs and the learning process
- The training cycle (planning and preparation, delivery and evaluation)
- Planning a training intervention
- Selecting the right content and consideration of diversity to enhance learning
- Managing the learning environment and delegates
- Evaluating effectiveness of training
Benefits of attending
- A tried and tested, structured approach to achieve your training objectives
- Demonstrate your professional value through the development of colleagues.
- Add another string to your bow to support promotion prospects
- Improved confidence gained via practice with your own material
- Professional support and developmental planning from experienced facilitator
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.