Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd. A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to RedStone Cross Improvements Meet the Buyer Event
We are delighted to announce that we will shortly be starting the A40 Llandewi Velfrey to Red Stone Cross Improvement Project and would like to invite you to attend a Virtual Meet the Buyer event, organised in conjunction with Business Wales.
This will be an opportunity for prospective sub-contractors to speak to the Griffiths Project Delivery Team who will be looking for suppliers of the following trades and expertise:
- Permanent Fencing
- Culverts/ Pre Earthworks Drainage
- Ductwork (Signs/Lights/Comms)
- Signs & Lighting
- Bridge Deck Waterproofing
- In situ Concrete
- Safety Barrier
- Bridge Parapets
- Anti Skid & Road Markings
- Corrugated Steel Culverts – Supply /Erect
- Temporary White Lines & Anti Skid
- Sheet Piling – Temp Works @ Fynnon Woods
- Miecellaneous Metalwork – Otter ledges etc
All attendees will be required to be available 5 minutes before their allocated booking time and will be required to complete registration prior to the event in order to receive the link, and background information on the project and packages
Please ensure that you have the required IT kit available- i.e. laptop/mobile with audio and video conferencing capability (see attached Microsoft Team Guide )
There will be opportunities during the event for Q&A
Business Wales will be supporting the event and provide advice for bidding as well as general and specialist business advice
Please note: When booking your 1-2-1 slot, you only need to select 1 timeslot
The Scheme objectives are:
- to enhance network resilience and improve accessibility along the east-west transport corridor to key employment, community and tourism destinations.
- to improve prosperity and provide better access to the county town of Haverfordwest, the Haven Enterprise Zone and the West Wales ports at Fishguard, Milford Haven and Pembroke Dock.
- to reduce community severance and provide health and amenity benefits.
- to reduce the number and severity of collisions
- to improve the safety (and perceived safety) of the Redstone Cross Junction and reduce the number and severity of collisions.
- to promote active travel by cycling, horse riding and walking to provide opportunities for healthy lifestyles.
- to deliver a scheme that promotes social inclusion and integrates with the local transport network to better connect local communities to key transport hubs.
- deliver a project that is sustainable in a globally responsible Wales, taking steps to reduce or offset waste and carbon.
- give due consideration to the impact of transport on the environment and provide enhancement when practicable.
The scheme consists of:
- new 6km highway, majority is offline to the old road
- new roundabout to the east of Llanddewi Velfrey for access to village
- new junction west of Llanddewi Velfrey
- enlarged Penblewin roundabout
- new junction at Redstone Cross
- two overbridges for the existing roads
- drainage and mammal underpasses
- active travel work along the old road network
- Adequate employers and public liability insurance.
- Professional indemnity for any design packages
- CSCS cards
- SSIP/CHAS accreditation
- Construction line
- Site supervisors to be SSSTS / SMSTS
- All sub-contractors will need to be registered with Construction Line Gold.
- Please ensure that you have the required IT kit available- i.e. laptop/mobile with audio and video conferencing capability (see Microsoft Team Guide below)
For the way Business Wales handles your information, see here. If you book a place on a Business Wales or Welsh Government event, we may use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.