CIM Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing (Level 6)
To achieve the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing, a pass is required in each of the three modules. The qualification has been structured to reflect the need for flexible and bite sized approach for today’s professional digital marketer. Each module can be achieved as a distinct, self-contained award which, if required, can be built up to attain the full qualification.
Students can start the qualification with any of 3 modules (you don’t have to start in any particular order).
Marketing and Digital Strategy (mandatory) – You will learn how understanding and analysing the macro and micro-environments can enable organisations to assess the impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives, to develop strategic recommendations and how creating digital marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to market needs.
Digital Optimisation (mandatory) – This module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the strategic implications of developments in the digital environment, as well as their impact on marketing.
The Digital Customer Experience (mandatory) – This module provides you with insights into the digital customer experience and highlights ways to adapt to this changing market, allowing you to fulfil customers’ strategic needs.
To achieve the CIM Level 6 Diploma in ProfessionalDigital Marketing, a pass is required in each of the three modules. However, each module in its own right, once completed, gives the marketers a distinct, self-contained award which can be built up to attain the full Diploma.
Who’s it for?
The CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing is aimed at those working in an operational, supervisory or management role who wish to develop their knowledge of digital techniques and their application to a number of marketing related projects. The student will typically be operating in or aspiring to work in a digital marketing role and will be required to create digital solutions within the wider marketing plan. The qualification will develop both knowledge and the level of applied skills required.
Typical Job titles may include the following: digital marketing manager, digital communications manager, content marketing specialist and customer experience manager.
How will it benefit you?
- Get a unique and practical career development experience
- Improve your global competitive advantage and increase your employability
- Expand your confidence, skills and competencies to influence at management level
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world
One or more of the following is required to gain entry onto this qualification:
- CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing
- any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor’s degrees or 60 credits with Master’s degrees)
- professional practice (suggested two years marketing in an operational role) and diagnostic assessment onto Level 6
If English is not your first language, you will also need to provide evidence of achieving one of the following English Language qualifications within the last two years: IELTS Academic Module with overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above) or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above. CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
The assessment methodology for the three modules contained within the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing are all assignment based. All assignments are employer driven, practitioner based, relevant and appropriate for business needs.
In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure confidence in the standard of learner achievement.
- Marketing & Digital Strategy – external assessment: an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
- Digital Optimisation – external assessment: an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
- The Digital Customer Experience – external assessment: an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, and are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure con dence in the standard of learner achievement. All assessments are by assignment.
How long will it take to study?
The Total Qualification Time (TQT) is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
- Guided learning hours
- Practical and work-based learning
- Assessment preparation time – Assessment time
- Supported self-study time.
The TQT per module is 170 hours. There are three assessment sessions per year within the CIM qualification.
Ways to study
- We differ to many organisations as we offer face-to-face study, with each module delivered over 2 days (during the week), in addition to one study day (on a Saturday).
- We also offer email and phone support after the course, along with online support.
Please note that some modules may be run as Virtual ‘Live’ Classrooms during the current Covid19 Pandemic.
How much does it cost?*
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you. We also have payment plans for those who are self-funding.
The introductory cost of the CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing will be £1950 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). If you are self-financing, there may also be payment options open to you. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator regarding this.
Annual registration fee – £60
Total assessment fees – £540 (£420**)
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This will allow you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
If you have been made redundant, then you may be eligible for ReAct funding of up to £1500 of the cost of your course. We accept ReAct beneficiaries and have dealt with students through the ReAct scheme for many years. Find out more about ReAct from the Careers Wales website.
*Figures based on successful completion at first attempt; this price does not include the fee for any resits required.
**Discount available to members who reside in countries listed as eligible for an International reduced rate.
What should I do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the Digital Diploma brochure.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am - 6.00 pm on 02920 005778
If you've got any queries, send us an email through our CIM Enquiry form.