People with excellent communication skills are more likely to be successful in their work. How well you communicate determines how you and your ideas come across and whether or not you achieve your objectives. This one day course will explore tactics and methods to improve your ability to communicate with confidence. Whether you are new to the world of work or experienced this course has something to offer you.
Who is it for?
Those who need to increase their confidence in a variety of work situations – networking events, meetings and interviews.
What will I learn?
- How to build rapport and improve relationships
- What nerves are and why they are there and controlling them
- How body language can help or hinder
- Presence and the power of being in the moment
- The power of listening and getting your message across
- Personal branding
- Maintaining a positive state.
What will it cover?
- Looking at beliefs
- The power of the voice covering breathing, projection and tone
- Listening techniques
- How we all see the world.
Benefits of attending
- Increased personal and professional credibility
- Giving you the tips to feel empowered to be more confident at work
- Motivating you to develop your career and not let fear stop you
- Show you that everyone can improve their confidence
- A tool box that you can use after the course to develop your career
- Understanding other people’s needs and working to achieve win: win outcomes.
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.