Developing a Communication Strategy
Who is it for?
Those with some responsibility for either internal and/or external communications. No prior knowledge is needed.
What will I learn?
- What is communication, how do we communicate and its role within a management structure
- How to maximise benefit from all areas of communication within your organisation, ensuring that they are directed at the right markets and stakeholders via a range of media.
- A step-by-step process to planning a strategy, defining goals and objectives, and presenting your strategy in a clear and practical framework.
- Organisational communications strategy, internal and external communications strategy and campaign strategy
What will it cover?
- The planning processes.
- Identifying who your audiences are and how best to engage with them.
- Development and implementation of a successful communications strategy.
- Evaluate and measure its success.
- The communications toolkit.
- Case studies.
Benefits of attending
- Analyse, map and prioritise your stakeholders.
- Select the most effective communication channels.
- Recognise the importance of internal and external communication and the different audiences you need to reach.
- Develop key messages for your markets and stakeholders.
- Define the communication goals and objectives.
- A step-by-step toolkit and framework to create a clear, concise, integrated communication strategy.
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.