Google Analytics Training (Virtual Classroom)
Cost: £226.80 - £274.80
Modules covered on the day
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, visitors and pageviews.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
- Understanding filters.
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google's Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:
Standard Reports - Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events - tracking on-page events (pdf's, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level students, who have a basic understanding of what Google Analytics is but would like to further develop their knowledge. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses are £195 (+VAT) per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected Google Analytics blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principle training venue is Purbeck House, Cardiff Business Park. This location is situated between Junction 32 of the M4 and Cardiff Centre making it ideal for this travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
Computers are NOT available at the Cardiff venue (please check with us beforehand to find out if you need to bring a laptop). We are able to provide laptops but would have to charge for this. However, there is complementary, fast wi-fi access available throughout the venue.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Book online today
* Discounts of 10% available off standard (not Early Bird) pricing for charities or for 2 or more people.