Intermediate – Microsoft Excel
Provided you already have basic skills, you can learn how simple it is to set up and input data into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or ‘workbook’.
Microsoft Excel provides the tools you need for speedy and accurate record-keeping across most areas of work.
- Structure - An overview of how to set up a good Excel Spreadsheet. What data to input into columns and rows in order to make the most out of Excel’s tools
- Refresh of the Sum Function - Sum carries out the basic 4 mathematic functions within Excel
- 3D Sum and Consolidation - 3D sum allows you to use mathematical functions to create totals from different Excel sheets or spreadsheets
- Conditional Formatting - This tool allows you to highlight data when it meets specified criteria. Very useful for checking whether a target is on track or not
- Absolute & Mixed Cell Referencing - This tool allows you to understand Excel’s copy and paste in more depth: Using Absolute and Mixed Referencing allows the user to use the same fixed specific cells whilst copying and pasting. This reduces the amount of #REF! you might see
- VLOOKUP - This tool is one of the most commonly used tools in Excel. The tool takes a user’s input and returns related data about that input
- IF statement - The IF statement allows for the use of different specified functions to be carried out depending on the value of the cell
Each group session will last approximately three hours and include a maximum of five trainees.
To book your place on a Microsoft Excel course please email Catherine Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01982 552646.
Terms of Business
Your privacy is important to Farming Connect and in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), an Events Privacy Notice informs you why we collect, use, and process your information and who will have access to it. By booking a place on a Farming Connect event/course, you accept these terms and conditions.
By booking a place on a Farming Connect or Welsh Government event/course, you accept the general terms and conditions of using Welsh Government online services, and accept the Farming Connect Fair Processing Note.
We may also use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.
The delegate acknowledges that all course material, program material or copies thereof are and will remain the property of the training provider and may be subject to copyright. It is expressly agreed that neither the delegate nor their sponsoring organisation will copy the whole or any part of those materials without the written consent of the training provider.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend the timings of these sessions at any point up to the stated start time of the session; bespoke information will be provided for each course.
Delegates may also cancel their booking at any time by following the link in their confirmation email or by contacting the Service Centre.
The Farming Connect Service Centre is open Monday to Friday between 09:00-17:00, with exception to all Public Holidays.
For more information on Farming Connect please visit our website or call us on 08456 000 813.
This directory contains information about events offered by Farming Connect, Welsh Government, and other providers in the public and private sectors. We are not responsible for information about events offered by other providers and we cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using that information.