Introduction to Carpentry and Joinery
This short intensive course provides a basic introduction into the skills and techniques associated with the craft of carpentry and joinery.
Delivered one evening a week over 5 weeks, the course provides an excellent and convenient way for the beginner or improver to develop carpentry skills and offers the opportunity to progress to further training and qualifications.
The course is delivered using a hands on practical approach in spacious workshops under the direction of qualified and experienced Carpentry staff.
Introduction to Carpentry & Joinery:
How to identify and use tools in the correct and safe manner.
Learn to make basic wood joints:
· Halving joints.
· Bridle joints.
· Mortice & Tenon joints.
Learn how to fit:
Learn how to fit:
· Internal door latch.
· Mortice lock.
Learn how to fit & hang an internal door.
This is a 5 week Course, being run on a Wednesday evening between 18.00 and 20.00
There will be additional course-related costs:
Learners will require a range of Personal Protective Equipment and stationary prior to starting on the course including;
- Safety Boots
- Safety Glasses
- Dust Mask
- Scale rule
- Pens, pencils and paper
- A4 lever arch file.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment terms are 30 days.
- Cancellation by the client will be charged as follows:
- Up to 15 days prior to the commencement of course - 25% of total course fee.
- Up to 10 days prior to the commencement of the course - 50% of total course fee.
- Less than 5 days prior to commencement of course - 75% of total course fee.
- On the day of the course - 100% of the total course fee.
- Alterations to the booking details by the client may result in a surcharge.
- Requests for postponement of the booking must be made in writing as soon as possible and clients will automatically become liable to a 10% rearrangement/administration fee.
- Where course delivery is on the client’s premises, NPTC Group of Colleges will not accept liability for loss or damage to the client’s equipment or property.
- NPTC Group of Colleges reserves the right to alter, postpone or cancel the course under extreme conditions. Should this become necessary, clients will be entitled to a full refund of any monies already paid.