Introduction to GDPR
In May this year we saw the biggest ever change in the UK’s Data Protection laws with the implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation which will replace the current Data Protection Act 1998. This half day workshop covers:
- An overview of the basic concepts.
- An outline of the main areas of change.
- An understanding of consent under GDPR.
- A review of data subject rights including subject access requests.
- A review of data privacy impact assessments and data protection officers
- A summary of data breach reporting and enforcement.
For the way Business Wales handles your information, see here. If you book a place on a Business Wales or Welsh Government event, we may use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.