MSP Foundation and Practitioner
Who is it for?
- Programme Managers and Programme Directors.
- Change Managers, Business Strategists and Consultants.
- People who manage a number of related projects.
- All participants should have some experience of leading or managing change
What will it cover?
- How to apply MSP® techniques to manage risks and benefits
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand and explain the roles, documents, principles, governance themes, and processes of MSP and the relationships between them
- Use the key concepts of MSP on any programme
- Design, plan and control programmes using the appropriate elements of MSP
- Confidently sit both the Foundation and Practitioner examinations
- An understanding of how the MSP® framework helps effective project management.
Benefits of Attending:
- Understanding of the MSP® framework, based around 3 core concepts – Principles, Governance and Transformational Flow.
- Identify the vision for a programme
- How to design, plan and control programmes using the appropriate elements of MSP
- Sit the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner examinations
Please note: This course is very intensive and will require additional evening and home study. Depending upon the pace of the group, the course may finish at lunchtime on the final day. However this should not be assumed, so please make yourself available from 9am until 5pm for the full 5 days.
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.