Running Your Business Online: Where to Start – SFBW (Webinar)
We’ll take you through everything you need to know before you build or commission your new website including: domain names, web hosting, professional email address, security, website platforms, and more.
We will cover:
- Domain names – what are they, how to get one, and what you need to consider
- Professional email address - the gold standard email, using your domain
- Hosting – what it is, tips for choosing a hosting provider for your website and email
- Mailboxes - managing hosted email
- What are your website options - are free websites worth the money?
- SSL Certificates – how to keep your website secure
- What is a Content Management System, e.g. WordPress?
- Pros and cons of all-in-one website platforms such as Wix, Shopify
- DIY versus using a web developer
What we will deliver?
- Free business workshops: learn practical ways to make the most of online tools and technologies for quick wins and big improvements
- Tailored 1:1 support: get a one-to-one advice session with a Digital Business Adviser to talk about your business needs and receive a custom-made plan
- Website review: get a free review of your website to find areas you could improve to increase your online visibility and customer awareness
Register for this free event now!
Or book direct on 03332 408329
For the way Business Wales handles your information, see here. If you book a place on a Business Wales or Welsh Government event, we may use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.