Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
This course covers the basics of SEO and touches on more advanced topics as well. It will help you improve both the breadth and the quality of your rankings with Google and the other major search engines and make sure you get the most from every hour invested in SEO tasks.
Who is it for?
Those who manage or create content for their website and want to learn how to get more high quality organic search traffic.
What will I learn?
- How to assess your current standing within the search market
- How to improve your Search Engine rankings
- Common SEO mistakes to avoid
- How to measure ROI on your efforts.
What will it cover?
- How search engines work
- Keyword research and website planning
- On-page optimisation
- Link-building and outreach
- SERP anatomy and shortcuts to organic traffic
- Local, national and international SEO
- Basic conversion rate optimisation
- Useful tools and resources
- Reporting and keeping track of progress.
Benefits of attending
- Recognise your niche and identify the best target keywords to use
- Learn on-site and off-site strategies for lifting rankings and improving website traffic.
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.