Sizing up the Market & Winning and Keeping Customers
Sizing up the Market
This session takes you through the market research process, helps you identify the questions you need answers to, explains where to get information and which techniques to use, and shows you how to use your findings to make better decisions.
By the end of this module you will:
- Understand why market research is so important
- Be clear what market research you need to do
- Know where to find information and which techniques to use
- Know the market and your competitors
- Understand your customers
- Be able to undertake your own market research
Winning & Keeping Customers
This module is designed to guide and support you to develop your marketing. It takes you step-by-step; from defining your product or service and identifying your customers, to planning how to attract those customers and get them to buy.
By the end of this session you will:
- Have a step-by-step process to develop a marketing plan
- Be able to clearly define your Ideal Customer and match your product or service to what they want
- Know how to price your products and services to maximise your profit
- Understand the basics of successful selling
- Be able to put a plan in place to get your first customers.
For general terms and conditions of using Business Wales online services, see here.
For the way Business Wales handles your information, see here. If you book a place on a Business Wales or Welsh Government event, we may use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
This directory contains information about events offered by Business Wales, Welsh Government, and other providers in the public and private sectors. We are not responsible for information about events offered by other providers and we cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using that information.
This directory does not endorse or favour any specific commercial product or business. Non-government sites linked to from this website are present only because they may be useful additions to the information we provide. A link to a third-party service does not imply endorsement; you must use your own judgement to decide whether the information or service on that website is suitable for your needs. If a website is not linked to ours, this does not mean or imply that it is unsatisfactory.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.