Social Media Course
Cost: £210.00 - £234.00
Social Media Fundamentals
This session looks at the key planning methodology SOSTAC and key concepts of Social Media, including the following:
- SOSTAC - developing a Social media strategy
- Social Media stats & facts
- Key elements of Social media
- SEO and Social media
Twitter is one of the most cost-effective, real-time social networks out there. We will look at how Twitter works, how organisations use it and how you can use it to its full potential.
- What is it and how are organisations using it?
- What and how do you use elements like retweets, replies, hashtags, lists, etc?
- How to build and nurture a following.
- How to monitor, research and listen?
- 3rd party applications and analytics.
Facebook has 2 billion monthly active users and 30 million pages are updated by businesses daily. So, how can your organisation make the most of this social media channel?
- What are Facebook pages and how do organisations use them?
- Understanding the Facebook interface.
- Explore techniques to create great updates
- Discover tools and tips for adding images to Facebook
- Exploring Facebook Analytics and ads
Blogging has been used by both private & public sector, government and education since around 2002. But what value do they have in 2018?
- How are companies using blogs?
- Understanding how blogs work and how companies are using them.
- Blog ambassadors, blog strategies, editorial calendars & embedding content.
- Considering writing strategies for blogs.
Video and Image Sharing
Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber might have the biggest Instagram accounts but how are organisations using these platforms to engage audiences and reach new prospects?
- Exploring the channels - YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Categorising media - how to guides, PR, FAQ's, testimonials, product previews, etc
- How to make your content more findable.
- Creating and embedding content and the role of user generated content.
LinkedIn is the biggest Professional Networking site in the world. This section explores how individuals and organisations can harness its power to build connections and connect to customers.
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles.
- Developing connections and recommendations.
- How to use LinkedIn Publishing.
- Using LinkedIn groups for yourself and your business.
- How to create and develop company pages.
Like most 1-day courses the Social Media course is non-accredited; however, to see our accredited courses visit this page.
The cost of the course is £199 (£238.80 inc VAT), though early-bird discounts can apply of £179 (£214.80 in VAT). The cost includes:
- Course materials
- Full access to our online knowledge centre with useful documents and links
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending we can offer a discount (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).