Starting a Growth Business
Have you ever wanted to start and grow your own business?
Will you be employing staff? Do you need to find premises? Do you need to find finance? … these are some of the key aspects of starting a Growth Business.
Would you benefit from fully funded expert business support to start your growth journey?
Starting a Growth Business
Starting a business can be rewarding and invigorating, but it can also be risky and challenging. According to Stats Wales the survival rate for start-ups is low with 12% failing in the first year, furthermore 40% fail to reach their 4th anniversary however recent research indicates that Business Wales funded support increases the likelihood of a start up reaching a 4-year milestone to 85%!
“Starting a growth business” … is an introductory workshop, designed for individuals who aspire to start. Designed and delivered by a team of skilled and experienced business advisers – this fully funded workshop covers the vital elements necessary for successfully starting your growth business.
This is the first in a series of practical workshops that will equip you with the essential tools, theory, knowledge and insights to help you design your own business growth plan.
Over the duration of the workshop you will learn:
- How to develop your business idea
- Learn why some businesses fail
- How to start your market research
- How to develop your strategic business plan
- How to start developing a marketing plan and strategy
- About legal structures for your new business
- About Unique Selling Points – USP’s
- About basic business taxes for your new business
- How to develop the financial viability of your new business
- What funding/financing opportunities exist for your new business
- How to plan for long term growth in your new business
- How to identify potential barriers to growth
You will also benefit from:
- Follow on, funded 1-2-1 Support from a Growth Adviser
- A Growth Business Plan Template
- A Cashflow template
- A Workshop workbook
At the end of the BW workshop you take away the skills, knowledge and strategic tools to enable you to develop a successful pre-start plan and convert this into a successful start to your new business venture.
To book your place, call 01656 868500.
For the way Business Wales handles your information, see here. If you book a place on a Business Wales or Welsh Government event, we may use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.