THIS SESSION WILL BE DELIVERED IN ENGLISH ONLINE. Welsh documents are available upon request.
The Tramshed Tech Startup Academy is a 12-week accelerator programme, designed for late pre-start organisations with a strong idea or early post start organisations.
Working with your cohort you will be able to share ideas, local challenges and best practices in order to develop and grow your business.
The programme will cover the key challenges of setting up a business and support individuals to develop a business plan, ready to present at an Investor Readiness Event.
The programme will take place every Wednesday from 14th October to 20th January 2021. A timetable will be released closer to the time.
What will the Startup Academy cover?
- Week 1: Introduction and Business Planning
- Week 2: Idea Generation and Product Development
- Week 3: Storytelling for Startups
- Week 4: Marketing and Sales Channels
- Week 5: Digital Business Models
- Week 6: Finance to Start your Business
- Week 7: Finance to Grow your Business
- Week 8: Protecting your Business (IP, Data Protection and Cyber Security)
- Week 9: High Productivity Business Operations
- Week 10 (AM): How to Build a Successful Leadership Team
- Week 10 (PM): How to Pitch to Investors
- Week 11: Investing Pitching Panel
- Week 12: Outcome and Feedback Session
Who is this workshop for?
If you’re an established, post-start or even pre-start business with a solid and exciting idea and eager to take the next step, this is the perfect programme for you. Companies must be SME’s and all have the potential for real growth.
What do previous participants say?
"The finance advice was incredibly helpful & interesting; Lauren ran both our finance modules, and took some time to speak with each of us individually giving us very specific advice, where else would you get that all arranged for you?" Alys Smith, Sudslure, Startup Academy Participant, Focus Newtown Enterprise Hub, Jan-April 2020.
"I think all SMEs should send a representative to attend the course since they may get a different perspective on what they are currently doing and incorporate new ideas into their business." - Chris Wells, Startup Academy Participant, Focus Newtown Enterprise Hub, Jan-April 2020.
For the way Focus Newtown Enterprise Hub handles your information, see here. If you book a place on a Focus Newtown Enterprise Hub or Welsh Government event, we may use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.