Train the Trainer
Understanding how to prepare and deliver training will enable you to create effective training programmes within your workplace. You will gain confidence to assess the learning outcomes against your organisation’s needs. With budgets being squeezed it is beneficial for internal experts to learn how to pass on their knowledge and expertise through effective training sessions and developing others.
Who is it for?
Members of staff, managers or team leaders who require a basic understanding of preparing, delivering and assessing training in line with the training needs identified.
What you will I learn?
- How to deliver effective training and development solutions within your organisation
- Participants will have the opportunity to develop a short training session utilising the skills learnt
What will it cover?
- The importance of assessing learning needs and styles prior to the session
- Individual learning process and tailoring solutions to specific preferences
- The training cycle (planning and preparation, delivery and evaluation)
- Feedback skills
- Managing the environment and delegates
- Designing your specific learning event
Benefits of attending
- Develop clear aims and objectives for your session
- Recognise the variety of visual aids and learning tools that can be used to support your training
- How to assess against your objectives to ensure your session achieves its aim
- Understanding the importance of setting ground rules with the learners and how to create a successful learning environment
- Confidence to deliver professional training sessions
- Please note that we will not send course confirmation until 10 working days prior to the course start date.
- Fees must be paid in full before commencing the course.
- Named participants may be substituted without charge.
- Places may be transferable for a limited period only and an administrative charge may be incurred.
- Fees will be refunded less £40 administration charge (£100 PRINCE2 and MSP courses) for cancellations received 10 working days prior to the start of the course (15 days for PRINCE2 and MSP courses) or earlier. After this date, fees will not normally be refunded.
- Telephone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Please email email@example.com.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course/conference, in which case, fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of Cardiff University having to cancel or postpone a course, delegates will be contacted via email and offered the opportunity to transfer to an alternative date (if available). Should you wish to transfer, please inform us within 4 weeks of the cancellation email or we will refund the course fee automatically.
- In the event of cancellation, Cardiff University will not be held liable for participants travel or accommodation costs.
- Fees include all handouts, pre-course materials or manuals, lunches, refreshments and examination or accreditation cost (if applicable) for UK based customers. Customers from overseas may be charged additional costs for postage, if required.