Women in Agriculture 2019... Journey of discovery
You are invited … to help celebrate WiA’s 10th Anniversary by booking your place on a unique bus trip – a ‘Journey of discovery’!
What is a ‘Journey of Discovery’?
- Six tour buses, will stop off for a series of ‘behind the scenes’ study tours and visit some of Wales’ most inspirational and successful farms and diversified rural businesses.
- Destinations you might visit include award-winning innovative livestock farms; a gin distillery; a vineyard; a lavender farm; ice cream makers; paté producers; spring water processors; holiday accommodation including a zen-like retreat and yurts….and more.
- Hear at first hand how some of our leading farmers and entrepreneurs have turned dreams into reality by finding more profitable ways of working and diversifying into new enterprises.
- Catch up with old friends, meet new and be inspired by a line-up of inspirational female speakers from New Zealand – part of the ‘She’s shearing’ brigade – who have blown away stereotypes and sexism in the traditionally male world of sheep shearing. Click here to find out who they are!
- Thursday, 20 June 2019
- All of the buses will leave Aberystwyth at 7am and will pick up delegates at various stops dependant on the route chosen. Once the tours have begun, they will stop off at various destinations throughout Wales before meeting up at the Marine Hotel, Aberystwyth for afternoon tea at 3.30pm
- After presentations from New Zealand shearing legends Jills Angus Burney, Emily Welch and Pagan Karauria, at 5:30pm, get back on the bus and head for home.
Where can I visit?
Click here to check out exactly what’s planned for each of the six itineraries before you select, download a timetable and book a place on the study tour bus you want to take.
To book your place click here, or for more information contact the Service Centre on 08456 000 813 / email@example.com
*All places must be booked in advance, no later than Monday 17 June 2019.
Terms of Business
By booking a place on a Farming Connect or Welsh Government event/course, you accept the general terms and conditions of using Welsh Government online services, and accept the Farming Connect Fair Processing Note.
We may also use the information you provide to offer you personalised or local services, to notify you of changes to our service, to ask your opinions and to help us to improve our services.
Websites that we link to are likely to have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.
The delegate acknowledges that all course material, program material or copies thereof are and will remain the property of the training provider and may be subject to copyright. It is expressly agreed that neither the delegate nor their sponsoring organisation will copy the whole or any part of those materials without the written consent of the training provider.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend the timings of these sessions at any point up to the stated start time of the session; bespoke information will be provided for each course.
Delegates may also cancel their booking at any time by following the link in their confirmation email or by contacting the Service Centre.
The Farming Connect Service Centre is open Monday to Friday between 09:00-17:00, with exception to all Public Holidays.
For more information on Farming Connect please visit our website or call us on 08456 000 813.
This directory contains information about events offered by Farming Connect, Welsh Government, and other providers in the public and private sectors. We are not responsible for information about events offered by other providers and we cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using that information.